9.29.2008

FaThEr'S bEsT

Yesterday Matt Bryant, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers kicker kicked 3 field goals as well as the game winner a day after burying his 3-month-old son in Texas. The Buccaneers beat the Green Bay Packers 30-21 on Sunday.

"I don't know what I needed today," Bryant said. "It worked out OK. Could've been better, but given the circumstances it turned out OK."

Bryant’s youngest son was found dead Wednesday in Tampa Bay. The investigators have yet to find what the cause was for his death. He didn't practice all week, and Coach Jon Gruden left it up to him to decide if he wanted to play.

"The biggest thing for me, I wanted to honor Tryson's name," Bryant said. "I mean, I don't think it was very fair for his life to end so short. This is the best way I believe I could get out and honor him. I miss him and wish he was here, but he was here with me. He helped out." "Today was his day. It was all about Tryson for me. I talked with him, personally, in my head throughout the game. I just wanted to remind him that he's my baby boy and that he's with me all the time."

Obviously, he got the game ball and not only did he win the game this week, he kicked the game winner in OT last week against the Chicago Bears. This man shows a lot of heart and strength. He’s one of the best in the business.

No comments: